ATC Contactor Based Bypass Isolation Automatic Transfer Switch
Cat® transfer switches are designed for a variety of standby power applications. They provide flexibility, reliability and value in a compact package. A Bypass Isolation Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) provides fully functioning transfer in applications where emergency power to critical loads must be maintained at all times with no interruption. This type of design allows for inspection, maintenance or replacement of the power switching mechanisms with no interruption in electrical service. Contactor -based Bypass Isolation ATS are available from 100A to 1200A.
System Voltage Application
IBC 2006, CBC 2007 and OSHPD
- Controls And Wiring
- All controls relays and industrial grade relays are totally encapsulated to minimize exposure to dust and dirt. Lugs are 90º rated and all control wire is #16 AWG, type XLPE with a 125º temperature rating.
- Durable powder-coated steel NEMA 1, 3R or 12 enclosures with three door hinges to ensure proper support of the door and door mounted devices. The hinges have removable hinge pins to facilitate door removal for easy wall mounting or service and are supplied with pad-lockable latches.
- Available Options
- Space heaters
- 2- or 4-position test switch
- Multi-meter options available
- Open, closed or delayed transition
- Drawout capabilities on both ATS bypass portions and power switching devices completely interchangeable between ATS and bypass units
- Load sequencing contacts
- Dual drawout type is field configurable for top or bottom conduit entry
- Field selectable, multi ratio, control voltage transformer 50/60 Hz
- Seismic Zone 4 Qualified (BOCA, CBC, IBC, UBC and OSHPD)
- Remote communications
- Surge suppression
- Selectable automatic or non-automatic operation
- Optional Delayed Transition Includes:
- Time delay neutral
- Pre-transfer signal with 1 N.O. and 1 N.C. contacts