Mustang Cat History
A Long Heritage of Serving Houston and Southeast Texas with Equipment & Service Solutions
With its headquarters in Houston, Texas, Mustang® Cat is a privately-held Caterpillar dealership which has been in the forefront of construction and power systems equipment for more than 60 years.
Mustang Cat is currently led by President Brad Tucker. Brad was preceded by great company leaders such as Otis Massey, Frank L. Tucker and Earl C. Calkins, who paved the way with their foresight and leadership making Mustang Cat what it is today – a customer solutions organization.
Since its founding in 1952, Mustang Cat has supported numerous projects that have shaped the footprint of Houston. Mustang’s equipment has played a vital role in building landmarks such as the Houston Astrodome, Beltway 8 and the downtown skyline. Mustang continues to enhance the Houston area by supporting customers who are constructing the Northwest Freeway (290) expansion project and State Highway 99 (Grand Parkway).
In addition to paving roadways and highways, Mustang’s power systems division generates power for numerous facilities throughout the Houston area including hospitals, education facilities, municipalities, commercial businesses and other industries that need power. Recent expansions to power systems equipment including electric power generation, gas compression pumps, transmissions and other power equipment continue the focus to provide solutions for our different customer market segments.
Mustang CAT – A Texas Tradition Since 1952
Mustang Cat, the authorized Caterpillar earthmoving equipment, power systems, and vocational truck dealer in Southeast Texas has one single focus: partnering with our customers to help them solve their toughest problems.