ATC Contactor-Based Automatic Transfer Switch
Cat® transfer switches are designed for a variety of standby power applications. They provide flexibility, reliability and value in a compact package. The open and delayed transition contactor-based Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) provides fully functioning transfer in Applications where a momentary loss of power is acceptable during transfer and retransfers between normal and emergency power supply.
The closed transition contactor-based ATS is designed to Meet application requirements where emergency back up power is required with no momentary loss of power by connecting both sources before the transfer occurs. Closed transition also permits periodic testing of the emergency power source without interrupting power to the loads.
Floor Standing 600A 4 Pole & 800-1200A 2, 3, or 4 Pole
System Voltage Application
- Contact Composition
- Caterpillar utilizes silver composition contacts designed to meet the stringent requirements of UL 1008. All contactors are designed so that the contacts can be visually inspected without major disassembly and are protected by arcing contacts.
- Controls And Wiring
- All controls relays and industrial grade relays are totally encapsulated to minimize exposure to dust and dirt. Lugs are 90º rated and all control wire is #16 AWG, type XLPE with a 125º temperature rating.
- Durable powder-coated steel NEMA 1, 3R or 12 enclosures with three door hinges to ensure proper support of the door and door mounted devices. The hinges have removable hinge pins to facilitate door removal for easy wall mounting or service and are supplied with pad-lockable latches.
- Available Options
- 2- or 4-position test switch
- Controller availability: ATC-100, ATC-300+,and ATC-800
- Delayed transition or closed transition
- Multi-meter options available
- Surge suppression
- Space heaters
- Field selectable, multi ratio, control voltage transformer 50/60 Hz
- Selectable automatic or non-automatic operation
- Remote communications
- Load shed from emergency
- Optional Delayed Transition Includes:
- Pre-transfer signal with 1 N.O. and 1 N.C. contacts
- Time delay neutral