5 Tips for Selling Your Generator
How Do I Sell my Used Generator?
If you’re wondering how to sell a used commercial or industrial generator, there are several tips you can follow to ensure a stress-free selling experience for you and your potential buyers:
- Include the service history in the description: Buyers are looking for a reliable generator. More specifically, they’re searching for a used generator the same way they would for a pre-owned vehicle, so it is important to note how you have taken care of it. A generator is an investment, and buyers want to make sure they get their money’s worth.
- Provide photos of the generator: Even if you include a long listing that accurately portrays the generator for sale, buyers are more likely to be interested if they can see images. The internet can be deceiving, so they want visual assurance that the description is accurate. Make sure the pictures are well-lit and portray the generator well.
- Incorporate a video: Potential buyers will be looking for proof that your generator is running well and fits the description you provide. While photos are often enough to persuade them that a used generator is in good shape, including a video of the generator running can help put their minds at ease. You can do this by uploading a video of the generator on YouTube and including a link in the sales description.
- Consider load bank testing: Load bank testing is helpful for potential buyers to know the generator’s output. It can cost up to several hundred dollars, but this testing may result in selling your generator for a higher amount.
- Find a company that buys used generators: Selling used products on various websites can be a tiring and stressful experience. If you want to sell your old model without going through the hassle of listing it online, consider finding a trustworthy company that will buy your used generator.
Mustang Cat Buys Used Generators
If skipping the hassle of selling a used generator online appeals to you, we are here to help. Mustang Cat, located in Southeast Texas and serving Houston and the surrounding areas, buys used generators. We accept many different sizes, configurations and power ratings of commercial generators powered by electric, natural gas, or diesel fuel. While we are mainly interested in generators from Caterpillar and other leading manufacturers, we are willing to consider models from many different producers.
Selling your used generator to us also means that you won’t have to worry about transporting it to an online buyer halfway across the country. At Mustang Cat, we have the necessary equipment to transfer your generator for you. We have eight drop locations across Texas where you can deliver your used generator. After that, we will take care of the rest. If you cannot transfer your generator to one of these locations, we are willing to work with you.
At Mustang Cat, our goal is to be the best place to sell a generator by providing reliable solutions for our customers. We want to deliver efficient, stress-free service and give you confidence that you are selling your generator for a great price. Respectful communications and relationships are important to us, along with providing our customers with service that they can’t find anywhere else. If you have questions or concerns at any point during the selling process, we will be happy to address them for you.
Contact Us to Get Started
When you choose to sell your used generator to Mustang Cat, you can trust that the selling process will be straightforward. We have been in business since 1952, and the family that founded our company still runs it today. We provide services to Houston, Texas, along with Beaumont, Bryan, Lufkin and the surrounding areas. At Mustang Cat, our team of trained professionals has the necessary industry expertise to ensure that you will have a good experience selling your generator.
If you’re considering selling your generator at a nearby Mustang Cat location, the first step is to reach out with the technical specifications of your model. Be sure to mention the necessary details about your used generator, such as the type, size, configuration, power rating and any other valuable information. You can reach out via our online contact form or give us a call at 800-256-1001. Contact Mustang Cat today and speak to a skilled team member to learn more about selling your used generator! You can also request an immediate offer!