If yours is like many construction operations in Houston and the surrounding area, you're looking for ways to cut costs without cutting corners. Heavy equipment can represent a significant expense for any construction company. Purchasing brand-new products won't always offer the most cost-effective solution. Buying used machines provides an affordable alternative that can work for your business — assuming you don't sacrifice quality in the process.
What Is Cat Certified Used Equipment?
Our selection of Cat Certified Used models consists of lightly used machines that still have a lot to offer to a new owner. You'll get a like-new product at a budget-friendly price point. Our well-trained service technicians perform a rigorous top-to-bottom and front-to-back inspection. We replace parts, make modifications and do whatever else it takes to meet the high Caterpillar standards.
How does a piece of equipment earn Cat Certified Used status? The steps in the process include:
- Select a well-maintained machine with a low number of service hours
- File an initial assessment report that provides insight into the model's current condition
- Determine whether the machine meets the stringent Cat Certified Used eligibility standards
- Conduct regularly scheduled preventive maintenance
- Replace worn parts and components with genuine Cat parts
- Complete service by the Mustang Cat team of well-trained, highly skilled technicians
- File a final Caterpillar inspection report
- Issue a Cat Certified Used certificate
- Add Caterpillar warranty coverage
Benefits of Buying Used Construction Equipment
Purchasing used construction equipment from Mustang Cat can benefit your business in many ways:
- Lower cost: You could save thousands of dollars when compared to the price of brand-new equipment.
- Depreciation: Like a new car, construction machines start to depreciate as soon as they leave the dealer's lot. They can lose up to 40 percent of their value in the first year alone. When you buy used construction equipment, you'll avoid the initial depreciation hit.
- More options: Mustang Cat has an extensive selection of used machines, and we can also tap into our vast network to locate additional models. You'll have more flexibility to select equipment with the specific features and technologies you need, and that fits your budget.
- Immediate availability: In some cases, you'll have to wait for new equipment to arrive from the factory, especially if you request certain modifications or options. Used machines are ready to go to work right away at your job sites, which is important if you need equipment quickly.
- Long-term value: Cat machines provide many years of reliable service. A used Cat model can deliver an excellent return on your investment.
Five Tips for Buying Used Construction Equipment
While purchasing used equipment offers many advantages, it also comes with more uncertainty than buying a brand-new machine. The following tips can help you minimize the risks:
- Select brand-name equipment with a proven track record for holding its value.
- Consider older equipment with fewer service hours instead of a newer model that has undergone heavy use and may already be showing signs of wear.
- Inspect the machine in person if possible to ensure it's in peak condition. If you're buying online, make sure the seller can provide detailed informing regarding specs, maintenance history and service hours.
- Conduct a title and background check to ensure the machine isn't stolen or has liens against it.
- Buy used construction equipment from a reputable seller, preferably a dealer that carries high-quality replacement parts for the model and can handle your maintenance and repair needs.
Why Choose Cat Certified Used Equipment From Mustang Cat?
When you buy used construction equipment from Mustang Cat, you'll get a top-quality Cat model from an experienced, reputable dealer. You can count on us to provide comprehensive service and support for as long as you own it. We offer a complete selection of genuine Cat replacement parts, and we'll take care of all your preventive maintenance and repair needs.
Take a minute to browse our current inventory of Cat Certified Used construction equipment. Feel free to give us a call at 800.256.1001 or contact us online for additional product and pricing information.